(Effective as of January 1, 2023)
Welcome to our website!
Registration and Information Collection, Use and Sharing
In order to use our Website, access the resources we make available through it, and obtain our services (collectively, the “Services and Offerings”), you must first complete the registration form. During the registration process, users are required to provide certain contact information (such as name, organization, title, email address and phone number). In addition, we may also collect the following information and data from users: device identification data (Device ID); electronic identification data (IP address; MAC address); technical data (operating system information; software logs; crash reports); and user names and passwords. We use this information to connect with you about our Services and Offerings.
Personal Information We Collect
Listed below are details about the categories of information we may collect:
- Contact Information: name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information: We may collect your zip code, age, gender, and the device type and operating system you are using to access our Website.
- Identifiers: IP address, username, account number, password and other security information for authentication and access.
- Geolocation Data: the general region or area from which you access our Website.
- Usage Data: data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including browsing and click history, device types, operating system, browser settings, IP address, language settings, and Website use data including information about how you navigate the Website, other websites, and the Internet.
- Employment Information: If you apply for a job, we collect information about you, your prior education and work history and your skills and qualifications for the position. We may ask about your salary expectations and how you learned of the position. We may also ask you for contact information for references.
Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, demographic information, identifiers to:
- Provide you with the requested products or services
- Communicate with you; and
- Respond to inquiries.
- Employment Purposes: We use your contact information, demographic information, and employment information when you apply for a job with us
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, and inferences to analyze preferences, trends and statistics
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, usage data, geolocation data, to improve our marketing efforts, and provide you with information about us, including personalized marketing communication
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Website: We use your contact information, identifiers, employment information, geolocation data, and usage data to improve our Website, provide and maintain functionality on our Website, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Website
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, identifiers, geolocation data, employment information, and usage data to protect our Website, products and services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employees, our carriers and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, identifiers, employment information, geolocation data, and usage data to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
Methods of Collecting Information
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, demographic information, identifiers, and employment information that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically: When you access our Website, we collect identifiers, geolocation data, and usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, and employment information from third parties, including service providers and public authorities.
We Combine Information
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
How We Share Information With Others
We will share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this Policy:
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of the Services and Offerings, the Website, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, transportation, and background check). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Affiliates: We may share personal information with and among our parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, or their successors or assigns.
- Government Entities: We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; corporate registries; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients: We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
- Other Reasons: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
How Long We Keep Personal Information
We will retain and use your information for as long as we need it to provide you the Services and Offerings, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to request that we no longer use your information to provide you the Services and Offerings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies, Analytics, and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and Tracking Technology
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Website is not currently formatter respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We use analytics services provided by Google Analytics. If you would like more information on how Google uses data when you visit or use our Website, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. If you would like to opt-out, Google provides a an opt-out tool which is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may include links to other websites or applications whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites or applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information you provide to us, or we collect, about you when you access and use our Website, Services and Offerings.
This Website is Not Intended for Children
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 18, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the Contact Us section of this Policy. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law. We do not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Processing in the United States
We are based in the United States. If you are using the Website from outside the United States, please be aware that information we obtain about you will be processed in the United States or in other jurisdictions. By using the Website or Services and Offerings, you acknowledge your personal information may be transferred to and processed in jurisdictions outside your own, including the United States, as described in this Policy. Please be aware that the data protection laws and regulations that apply to your personal information transferred to the United States or other countries may be different from the laws in your country of residence. The United States may not afford the same level of protection as laws in your own country.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at:
Aperio Global, LLC
11710 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
From time to time, we may change the terms and conditions on which users may access and use our Website and Services and Offerings, including this Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to this Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on the Website where this appears. Please check our Website periodically for updates.